Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Shodor.org

Oh the things I just happen to stumble upon when I'm trying to avoid laundry. I connected to this site http://shodor.org/interactivate/activities/ through a series of links and was so intrigued by it I stopped to play. This site is really neat and kind of confusing. The site's objective is to help people understand math through visual representations or graphs. I played around in the Number operations section.





I really liked the Bounded Fraction Pointer and Factorize. Both these math concepts can be confusing and so what better way to teach the numbers by showing them.

I really liked that you could type in your own problems, or use their problems. That could really be a homework help! Just make sure your child isn't using the site to get out of doing their homework and just to get the answers to be done, but to really understand how to get the answers.

It was kind of frustrating figuring out how to use the functions so I re

No comments:

Post a Comment