Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Food Pyramid

Eating healthy is important but not always an easy thing to convince your kids to do. I somehow got lucky. My kids favorite vegetable is broccoli. Many of my friends didn't though. My son's friend won't eat anything unless it is one of 5 things, and not many of them are fruits and vegetables.
I found this neat website with a game that teaches kids what happens when they eat healthy. If they do it right their rocket blasts off to a planet where they can print off a certificate saying that they know how to eat healthy. It plans their meals for the day and lets them choose what they would like to eat. It's pretty fun. It won't entertain them for a long time but it will help start a discussion on health eating or reinforce what was taught.

Launch Game

Grade: B
Ages: K-3


No comments:

Post a Comment