Monday, February 7, 2011

Pyramid Pile Up Plus

We have once again had a few too many crazy things happening at our house. A sick child, another child in a "mood" and then too many babies. I have however found so many fun games to play on the web.
This game is called Pyramid Pile Up Plus. I found it on playnormous.comIt's a great game to teach what foods belong in which food groups. I did agame like this with my second graders and pictures of food. They got to run around the classroom deciding which food group their food belonged in.


This site does use the old food pyramid which is a little problem but can be easily fixed just by talking about it. I really like how the kids get to pick the food for their pyramid so if they don't like apples and want to have bananas they can.

The first two levels are very simple. They use colors to help the kids know where the food belongs.

After each level it show the kids what they chose to eat that day in calories, fat, and sugar. This is a great time to sit down and talk with them about what they chose and how they could make a better choice in their daily eating and in the game.


The game becomes progressively more difficult. There are these little monsters that come and steal your food, you amount of moves changes, and the color behind the food disappears so you have to think more about where the food belongs.

I really enjoyed this game and my son has reminded me 3 times while I was typing that I need to add this to his bookmarks so he can play it. I recommend this game for K-6 because of the levels. This is a great all around game. The graphic are great and there is just enough of a challenge to keep you interested. http://www.playnormous.com/games/pyramid-pileup-plus

No comments:

Post a Comment