Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kids Astronomy

Yesterday I blogged about some fun educational videos that taught about the solar system. Since they weren’t games I got to wondering what solar system games were out there. I found Kids Astronomy. This is a fun site. You can create your own planet, take practice quizzes that test your knowledge about the planets, complete puzzles, and more.


One of the things that I thought was very neat was "The Sky Tonight." This is at the bottom of the home page. It shows you something that you can see in the sky tonight. Here's something fun to see tonight.





I also really liked playing with the make a planet option. http://www.kidsastronomy.com/fun/make-a-planet.htm


Here’s my planet



This site also offers facts about the planets, the sun, black holes, nebulas, stars and much more.



I really enjoyed this site. I learned a lot as I had fun playing the games. Most of the games are meant for 3rd graders on up but anyone could have fun making their own planet. This is also a great site to go to for research. Their terms are kid friendly. There are some difficult vocabulary words but we are talking about a complicated subject but they can do it with help.

No comments:

Post a Comment