Thursday, October 20, 2011

Spelling game

I was searching for spelling games since I haven't found any good ones for a little while when I stumbled upon gamesgames.com. This site is full of all sorts of games. There are ads on the site so make sure you watch what your children are doing on the computer.

















My link will take you to this game but you can access their other games by clicking on the home button in the top left corner.

This game was not what I expected it to be. I expected it to be me searching for letters that were by each other that made words. Boy was I wrong. The game gave me a word and I had to find the letters anywhere on the game board.

This game does help with spelling and is a fun way to practice but it's not my favorite. I couldn't put in my own spelling words and it was more of a searching game than a spelling game. I was thinking of the word and what letters I needed as I was searching but I was concentrating on finding the letters. The game does give extra points if you finish spelling the word quickly and the bar on the side is a timer which you have to beat. Beware, if you hit the wrong letter even by mistake you lose 2 points and have to start over.

I recommend this game for 3rd grade and up. The words go from simple probably second grade words to difficult words like insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment