Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Typing

Typing is becoming a very valuable skill. I learned to type while in school, now my son is learning how to type and he hasn't started school yet. My husband still doesn't know how to type, he pecks. I don't recommend starting your kids on typing until they are 5 or 6 because their hands aren't big enough and they don't have the skills they need. This can be a funway to practice spelling words and a good letter review.


I found freetypinggames.net a few months ago but it a site I really like. I love that they have lessons where they first teach the kids how to play, then challenge them in the games, and lastly test them. It goes at the pace you or your child set. I also LOVE the variety of gam
es they have. There is something for everyone.














In honor of Halloween I chose to play Trick or Treat Ghosts. I really liked that you could choose how difficult the game was. This allows your child to practice what they know or what they are learning. Just don't let it get
to easy for them or they won't learn. I also LOVED that I could turn the soun
d OFF. Some of the kid games I look at drive me crazy with the sound. Especially if it's a game that I need to concentrate on like typing. Sometimes I wonder what the people are thinking when they create these games with obnoxious noise in the background.















I started with 4 ghosts but as I was trying to take the screen shot I lost them because words fell in their bags. The game starts out with one or 2 words falling slowly to the ground then picks up as you type faster. I was to the point where I had 3 or 4 words or random letters falling down.

This is a great game to help your child practice their typing skills. Remember the better they become at typing the less typing you have to do for them on the reports teachers will ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment