Friday, December 9, 2011

Germs and Hygeine



 After some deep cleaning to rid my house of the germs that are floating around I decided it was time to teach my kids more about hygiene and how to keep healthy. I found this wonderful game that teaches about germs and the importance of hygiene.

The game comes from hygiene-educ.com and does ask for your child's name. My kids and I have an agreement. If I'm not in the room watching what they are doing on the internet they don't use their real names. Sometimes even if I am in the room they still can't use their name. I don't want them getting use to giving out that information on the internet. They have to use a different name that we have come up with together. Usually it's initials. They are also only allowed to go to websites that I have approved and added to their bookmarks list. The internet is a great place but it can also be dangerous. So make sure you set up some guidelines to protect your kids.
















I just used the first letter in my name. I then got to choose if I wanted a difficult game or easy.











I found the game very educational! It is meant for older kids though. It doesn't teach much about hygiene, by teach I mean it doesn't tell your child what to do or show them a video before it asks them to do the task. It just quizzes them on what you should do to keep things clean in different situations throughout the house. It doesn't tell them to wash their hands in the bathroom before they go to the kitchen to make a cake. It just says what do you need to do to get ready to make a cake. As you are working on tasks you also need to watch out for the Buzzie, which looks like a germ that you chase across the screen. Everything is written and read to you so if your child isn't reading yet they can still play.

I really like this game and recommend it. It teaches more than just proper hygiene. There are 3 missions and each helps teach about something important to help take care of and maintain a healthy, clean house. I did find that it can become frustrating trying to figure out what to do next. If that is the case there is a bar at the bottom of the screen on the right with the face of the character that is helping you with the mission that will help you know what to do.

This is a fun game and helps kids remember what they need to do to keep healthy. I'm hoping to find a game soon that teaches kids what germs do in their body and how it makes them sick. I'll keep searching for that game.

1 comment:

  1. Just played game - good fun! Love the 'that's not very clever!!'

    ReplyDelete