Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sqool Tube

Tonight at the dinner table my so was telling us about bats and how they find bugs by making a noise. We said that was a really neat thing. My husband then asked if he wanted to learn something else about bats. My son said yes. My husband then told him that bat's can't see. This started an argument between my son and husband. In an effort to settle the argument I wanted to find the Magic School episode on Bats, with no luck. Netflix doesn't have them. The only place I have seen them is on Youtube. I did however stumble upon this really neat site that offers videos on just about any subject.


SqoolTube has Bill Nye the Science Guy, Dr. Seuss, Hoilday videos, Nursery Rhymes and so much more. We started watching the Bill Nye episode on Dinosaurs which is another hit at my house right now. I also found video's of important Presidential speeches. How neat would it be to watch a video about the President you are currently learning about and hear or see him as he gives the speech. This site can really make learning come alive!!! This site has something for everyone from Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom for my 4 year old, States and Capital songs (including my favorite Wakko's America) for 5th graders, and video's of important historical events for 7th and 8th graders.

My only complaint is that each video is only 5 minutes long then you have to click on the next part (some video's have up to 8 parts).

No comments:

Post a Comment