Monday, August 22, 2011

Job Chart

I just found this neat FREE job chart site. It's called myjobchart.com. I believe it is important to teach kids to be responsible. My kids are very young but that doesn't mean they aren't expected to help out around the house.
This use to be a HUGE battle that was usually followed by a fit before the job was even started. Once the job was started it was play time and take as long as you can before completing the job. That was until I found this site while I was blogstocking. I don't remember which blog talked about this site but I'm glad they mentioned it.



It takes a minute to set up but it is well worth the time. My kids are now excited to do their jobs because they earn points which they then get to spend on the rewards I pick. I don't like giving them things like toys for completing something theyshould be doing anyways. So I chose rewards like extra TV time, extra computer time, and my kids favorite daddy time.

You first need to create your parent account. This is where you will assign jobs to your family after you create an account for your kids. Each account has a password. I chose simple passwords for my kids.

You then begin assigning jobs with point values to everyone and how often the job should be done. The program already has many jobs in it but you can add your own jobs as well. I also like that it has a picture that goes with the job to help the younger kids know what to do. If you don't like their pictures then you can take and add your own. I haven't gotten that far yet but my goal is to have pictures of what the job looks like completed in that spot.

Once you have set all this up everyone can just log in and get their job list. When the job has been completed you check it off and they get the points. It's that simple. The kids then get to decide when and how to spend their points.

If you want you can also set up e-mail and text options so you know when they have completed a job or earned a reward.

This has made doing jobs a lot easier at my house. My kids now run to the computer in the morning to see what they need to do instead of fighting me when I ask them to do something. It's still a new event so we will see how long it lasts. I just love how easy it is and that everything is at my fingertips. My only complaint is that they don't have an app for phones and ipods so I can't change their jobs on the go. Other than that this is an amazing site.

No comments:

Post a Comment