Thursday, September 30, 2010

Word lists

I have been looking on-line for word lists and found some really good ones that I like. I have put them together so all you have to do is print them out. The one I have today is for a Pre-Primer reader. A pre-primer reader is a child that knows all their letter names and their sounds. They have also begun to put the sounds together to make one sound. It's kind of hard to give an example in writing but I will try. C A T (they are just saying the sounds) A pre-primer reader begins to put those sounds together slowly C A T and then they get faster so it comes out as one sound CAT.

Pre-Primer words from www.k12reader.com and a 1st grade teacher


a

and

away

big

blue

can

come

down

find

for

funny

at

go

help

here

I

in

is

it

jump

little

look

make

me

my

not

one

play

red

run

said

see

the

three

to

two

where

yellow

you

white

pink

black

purple

green

black

four

six

nine

seven

zero

five

eight

ten

sit

hit

kind

mind

pig

dog

rat



The other document I have posted is a memory math game. I was working with my 4 year old and boy do we have a huge hole in his learning. He doesn't know what the number symbols are after 10 (he doesn't know 11 on up). He can almost count to 100 but man did I miss a major part of his math learning. This is a memory game that shows the numbers in the 3 forms we use, number words, symbols (4, 5, 9) and in an amount. I used a 10 grid to for the number amount because that is how we commonly see amounts in school. Teachers really want kids to be able to look at a group in an organized manner (like a 10 grid) an know exactly how many items are there. It's kind of like looking at the dots on dice but this works all the way to 10 not just 6.


Memory Game


four

****

4

six

*****

*

6

nine

*****

****

9

two

**

2

one

*

1

seven

*****

**

7

zero


0

three

***

3

five

*****

5

eight

*****

***

8

ten

*****

*****

10


No comments:

Post a Comment