Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Math Lingo

This game was made by Houghton Mifflin Math, a popular math program that many of your 1at graders might be using. I chose to spotlight this game because math is a foreign language to most young children. How often do you ask your six year old something like this




If kids are going to succeed in math they understanding the language is VERY important!! This Math Lingo has 8 units and I’m pretty sure they go along with the Houghton Mifflin Math Program. That would be a great thing to ask your child’s teacher.


I like that if there are words all the child has to do is put the curser on the square and it will read it to them. I also like that it has noises that are easy to recognize so as a parent I can set my children up to play and work on making dinner or cleaning instead of just sitting and watching to make sure they understand.



Here are the links to each grade level

1 comment: