Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Suffixes Say A Lot

I just found a new site that looks promising. It’s called internet4classrooms.com. I has gradeK-8 math and language arts games. I looked at a couple of 4th grade games. They are pretty basic and simple. So simple once the game has been learned on the internet, it could be played with paper and pencil at home or on long car rides later.


The first game I tried is a 4th grade Vocabulary game called Suffixes Say a Lot. I really like how it defines what a suffix is right on the left hand side just incase your 4th grader doesn’t remember. It also gives a few examples of how to use this skill.




Once you pick your definition it gives you feedback. This is important because it describes why the answer is correct or incorrect. I also like the vocabulary words that are chosen and the fact that the child has to figure out the word meaning in context, not just from a list of words they are given.



This game also offers a few different levels that become more complex as they go on.



I recommend this game for second semester (3rd term) 3rd graders, 4th graders, and 5th graders.


No comments:

Post a Comment